Wednesday 13 March 2024

Babae Ka, Hindi Babae Lang!

     


    "Hindi kami basta-basta babae lang, babae kami" With this quote, it has a deep meaning to every women that no one can ever understand. Back then, they always portray women as just "pang-bahay" and "walang silbi", they deprived the rights of all women. We don't have the rights to choose, to vote, and to do things we want because we're a woman- not a man. We cannot deny that man were more privilege than women because they are allowed to go out, to vote, and to have education. But now, things have already changed because women are now not afraid to speak up for themselves. We have our own voice, we won't let others dictate us, we won't let anyone to control our rights because we are WOMEN.

   This month is National Women's Month, which takes place every March and is dedicated to remembering and celebrating women's achievements, contributions, and courage throughout history. This month-long celebration offers a chance to acknowledge the continued issues and challenges encountered by women worldwide as well as to consider the advancements made in the direction of gender equality. It serves as a timely reminder of how critical it is to advance women's rights across society, give them more voice, and empower them.

    As we talk about women empowerment, do you have someone in your mind? Well for me I have a lot of persons in my mind. These women are my inspiration because they show what a woman can do, their bravery, leadership, and the way they protect the rights of all women.

    
First, she was one of the well-known female icon of our time, the one and only Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago. I am amazed of her because she was one of the known empowered women throughout the country. Late Senator Santiago has shown that women are capable of making change. She has proven to everyone that a woman can do anything.

    

    
    Next, do you have any idea who this is? "Kulay Rosas Ang Bukas", it's the one and only former Vice President Leni Robredo. She was truly an amazing leader in our time. Imagine being the only woman who run a candidacy for the position of President in 2022. It was inspiring, I am reminiscing the time when I was truly rooting for her and I did not even regret that. Even though she did not win the election, I truly believe that she was indeed the truly definition of "The Last Man Standing is a Woman".

    

    Lastly, of course I won't ever forget the strongest woman I've ever known and that is my mother. The one who bring me into this life, who takes care of me, provide all of my needs. The most inspiring woman in my life is my mom because she is the one who taught me to be strong, to stand up for myself, and the one to reminds me everyday that I am special. She is my definition of strength, hope, and inspiration.


    
    Now that I've come to end this, may we all remind to honor all women. Let's give them a round of applause because they've come this far. From being an unimportant people in the society and turns to be the most important in our society. I am grateful that women have now the freedom to act in our society, they are not treated as a hidden shadow anymore because they-we learned to speak up for ourselves and that's what makes us a woman. Always remember, HINDI KA BASTA-BASTA BABAE LANG, BABAE KA!

REFERENCES:

    Redirect notice. (n.d.). https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnashuproar.org%2F53354%2Fopinion%2Fopinion-my-issue-with-womens-history-month-from-a-womans-perspective%2F&psig=AOvVaw2cmOGO7tobbajHygOJM8S4&ust=1710418547419000&source=images&cd=vfe&opi=89978449&ved=0CBMQjRxqFwoTCMjx6eKb8YQDFQAAAAAdAAAAABAp

    Redirect notice. (n.d.-c). https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.behance.net%2Fsearch%2Fprojects%3Fsearch%3Dleni%2Brobredo%26locale%3Dzh_CN&psig=AOvVaw3cBdNZAl5hZ40kXNGHR4Ln&ust=1710419368741000&source=images&cd=vfe&opi=89978449&ved=0CBMQjRxqFwoTCPiS_eme8YQDFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

    Redirect notice. (n.d.-e). https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pngwing.com%2Fen%2Ffree-png-mapkv&psig=AOvVaw257tJJ-ZtZcXAXAQWc7KLk&ust=1710419748659000&source=images&cd=vfe&opi=89978449&ved=0CBMQjRxqFwoTCJCtmp-g8YQDFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

    March 13 (2024), Retrieved from,    https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/a/AVvXsEhlsgUr1zBoKXCxy5P3Z3tFW5O0lpR5X-0L6NCHdfgkxdaajBfJFJ66d9nwlo9Mk3HrEQ8_kp6PmMxMoOCISWMALKvz1YFzklxh1AJTSlFIhReSYYpVyJlTErChW_vN_oTbjvpCfef08QE3qp3ps21AZECQXBRdOqd_jfhP4GeHd0HVwX17MdOFAFzQz0U

No comments:

Post a Comment

The End.

          As I write this blog post, I'm not sure where to begin, what to say, and, most importantly, how to say goodbye to this school ...